1) I will almost definitely change the default zoom to 105 (which is 3 ticks out from the current default). This is the widest I can set it without getting visual distortions. I will go a head and make the FOV commands *official* and add them to the key mapping list. I will *not* remove the 120 setting, though I encourage all players to try and limit themselves to 105. At some point I will make the 120 view a customization option (which will compete with other such options) and then remove the option for 120 when not using the perk. The perk will be balanced against the others and will probably do other things than just increase the max FOV.
2) I will collapse some of the under-used regions so that they match against populated servers. I will change the default behavior for matchmaking so that players are added to a 'battlegroup' of 8-16 players. Players in a battlegroup will fight against other battlegroups with as much variation as the player population allows. Unless you leave your group, the players on you team will not change, though the enemy players will change. In addition to the normal game modes, there will be a Free for All (deathmatch) mode where all players in 1 or 2 battlegroups fight without teams.
3) I will allow players to play with 1 or 2 friends as part of a 'wing'. Wings (a group of up to 3 players) will move between battlegroups as needed for matchmaking, however the players in the wing will stay on the same team. They will *probably* stay out of FFA (Free for All) games. Groups of 4 to 16 will match against other groups of 4-16 including clans (or squadrons). I will probably have to decide what to call clans (or squadrons). Once this is working, I'll add some more maps and game modes for small teams, but until then small groups will play Search and Destroy. CTF and CA don't really work with 4 player teams.
4) We will stop developing for NaCl (chrome). We will start supporting mac and maybe linux. NaCl has lots of problems, and doesn't support many of the things that we need to do. The chrome version will continue to run, but chrome players will no longer play against steam players.
5) The ship prices are way too high. Some of the ships are balanced around this fact. I will balance all ships and magnify the upgrade system so that any ship can be made to perform like a 'prestige' ship. When I make this change, I will refund all ship and upgrade purchases for Cred. Players will then be able to change the ships they own or purchase their old ships again. The upgrade system will make it so that the stats of prestige ships are *basically* unchanged (and fully upgrading a ship will have comparable cost to purchasing a prestige ship). Refunds will be based on either the Cred price or the He-3 price depending on which is greater. This change should greatly improve the game, however I understand if players are upset by it. Players will be able to play using the old system, but only on chrome. Of course, everything will still be purchasable using Cred.
None of this will happen immediately. I just wanted to give players time to digest the upcoming changes. --wj