Welcome to the Moon Breakers forum. Check here for news and game updates by the development team or leave feedback for us.
http://moonbreakers.forumotion.com, a forum better than Google Groups and it also has a live chatbox. I suggest squad members, owners and applicants register there. Since this forum is intended for project feedback and support, we should move our discussions to some place else and keep this place clean.
And to keep things in a single location;
this is a free download that allows you to talk (or just listen)
- Make it possible to pick a lobby or "game" to join. Kind of like a server browser.
- Kind of connected to that, perhaps a better way to chat? Its kinda crappy to be talking to someone and their reply disappears because chat shares with announcements.
- Voice chat?
- Friends list, which I suppose you could later add "clan" functionality into.
- I like how the control scheme sort of mimics Freelancer. Freelancer was a terrific game and Moon Breakers reminds me of it. Possible controller support in the future?
- Consider lowering the CRED cost for at least some of the ships, as it can take a very long time of getting decimated before you can get a better ship. I wanted to support you guys so I bought some HE-3 but still.
- Fullscreen mode?
- How about instead of the upgrades like what we have now, you spend cred on actual modules and turrets to make your ship better? Again similar to Freelancer.
We mainly use this forum for announcements and bug reporting. If you want something more causal and community focused go to: Moonbreakers.forumotion.com
- MOON HARVEST
TIME: 15 Min
CONCEPT: Carriers move into position and each launch a space drill that begins to drill the moon to crack it open. The goal of the opposing team is to destroy the drill of the opposing team. IF the drill is destroyed, the Carrier will eventually relaunch a new one after a downtime. Whichever sides drill cracks the moon wins. Allow Nukes from bombers to aid in cracking the moon, though have nukes do damage akin to what normal gunshots would do to a Carrier.
- TURRET OPTION
Allow players to select to man a turret for 30 second brackets during ship selection, or perhaps man a turret until they decide to abandon it to return to a ship. This would aid in increasing the intelligence of the Carrier defense as times.
- ASTEROID HARVEST
TIME: 10 MIN
CONCEPT: Have the carriers attempt to use a tractor beam to capture and draw asteroids from the field one at a time. The players must defend the carrier operations and attempt to stop the opposing teams harvest. Destroying the opposing teams tractor array downs the array for 30 seconds before it is rebooted. Destroying the Carrier obviously also downs the tractor beam. The team which captures the most wins.
- Allow for coloring, skin, logo, flag options from a library of options to be purchased with HE-3/Credit to add uniqueness for players willing to invest.
Have this work similiar to Thrusters, so you can't use them often, but they can be occasionally handy to disrupt missiles or create a smokescreen behind you to obscure vision of someone behind.
Allow players to spend HE-3/Credit to purchase a name/emblem for a Squadron/Tribe that people can join. This does not mean you will be assigned to one side or the other, merely that when you are on assigned to a particular side, it will show you as being a member of whatever Squadron or Tribe for that faction (Government/Pirate) that you have elected to be a part of. Thus Pirates would actually be groups of roving tribes working in semi cohesion for shared profits, and the Government would have Squadrons they kept in tow and took with them to engagements.
- Space Service Medal (Missions Completed)
The obvious suggestion is a ribbon for X number of missions completed. Say, 100 missions, and then a bronze leaflet or adornment on the ribbon for each increment x2 (100, 200, 400, 800, etc) up to four bronze, then silver, up to four silver and then to gold for an approxmate maximum of 2mil missions)
- Expeditionary Medal (KILLS)
Similar to the Expiditionary Medal, but for kills. Start at 1k kills.
- Flying Cross (CARRIER KILLS)
Similar to the Expiditionary Medal, but for Carrier kills only. Start at 10 Carrier kills.
- Space Defense Service Medal (Torps destroyed)
Similar to the Expeditionary Medal, but for torps/missiles destroyed only. Start at 100 torps/missiles destroyed.
- Combat Action Medal (Assists)
Similiar to the Expiditionary Medal, but for assists. Start at 100 assists.
- Sharpshooter Medal (Turret kills)
Similiar to the Expiditionary Medal, but for turrets destroyed. Start at 100 turrets destroyed.
- Other ideas that came to mind would be:
- Number of times survived Asteroid collisions.
- Destroying multiple Turrets without dying.
- Performing multiple torp hits on a carrier without dying.
- Number of times survived collision with enemy planes.
- Number of times survived collision with friendly plane.
- Distance flown.
- Distance flown using thrusters.
- Number of times mission completed without using thrusters.
- Number of kills using only gun.
- Number of kills without assist.
- Number of times mission completed without missiles. (While making at least one kill)
- Number of times mission completed without guns. (While making at least one kill)
- Number of missiles avoided.
- Number of times shields have replenished back up.
- Number of deaths.
- Number of enemies killed by collision.
- Number of times being inside the enemy hangar.
- Number of times flown Light/Mid/Heavy planes (While making at least one kill)
Customer support service by UserEcho